How is it October already? What happened? We have three months left in the year!
September was a wild ride.
In the last week of September we had six events in seven days!
- Data Think Hack-a-Thon kick off with our friends at Emory.
- Atlanta Science Tavern on Climate Action Plans.
- Climate Survival Training on Hydroponic Farming
- An Environmental Justice Convening
- Jazz Hands at Tellus
In one week – we reached over 250 people who want to make Science Matter Here.
Thank you to Dr Liotta for being our Keynote at Sci.toberfest. Thank you to Tellus for hosting us in front of another sold-out crowd.
Thank you to everyone who made those events possible – extra special shout-out to Patrick, Michael, and Frankie – without whom none of this would happen.
This year marked our 5th annual Sci.toberfest and as part of that I got to reflect on all the things we have done in the past five years. It was a lot. A few highlights:
- 77 Atlanta Science Taverns and Science Tales & Trails – reaching over 1100 attendees
- 250+ SciComm Academy Attendees
- Growing our Catalyzer Network from 50 to 225 in just 8 months
- Over 30 interns
- Live streaming our events
- And growing the Board form 4 to 12 people
I cannot wait to see what the future holds.
We are pleased to announce that Atlanta Science Tavern and Science Tales & Trails are now becoming Georgia Science Junction. This change reflects our intentional growth outside of Atlanta to become Science for Georgia. And join everyone together in connecting science to serve the entire state.
Our first Science Junction will be Oct 10th at Georgia Public Broadcasting featuring the amazing Mark Mandica from the Amphibian Foundation
And we have THREE additional Environmental Justice and Climate Protection Fireside Chats.
Oct 13th – Fireside Chat – GA WAND
Oct 24th – Fireside Chat – Greenlink Analytics
Can’t wait to see you there!