It’s not just for basketball anymore…
Happy April Fools Day! And after everything that’s happened in March, we are feeling a little punch drunk and foolish. But we can’t stop the rockin’! But first…naps.
What did we do this month that made us so tired?
- 175 attendees at Atlanta Science Festival Events
- 158 Postcards to Policymakers
- 75+ hours of Basketball Watched
- 4 Atlanta Science Festival Events
- 2 remarks before the GA General Assembly – one about Literacy and one about Illegal Sludge Dumping
- 1 presentation at Adopt-A-Stream’s 2023 Confluence Conference – Louis presented on the successful history of the Atlanta Science Tavern during a panel discussion with SciComm professionals
- 1 Award for me, Amy Sharma
April may seem tame – with just THREE events, all on Earth Day, Apr 22.
- Tabling at Center for Black Women’s Wellness
- Speaking at the South River Arts Center
- Atlanta Science Tavern on Regenerative Food Systems
But we are gearing up for a fabulous summer including:
5/20 – Atlanta Science Tavern on Textiles
5/25 – Scavenger Hunt to the Sea Launch
6/15 – Environmental Justice & Climate Protection Conference
And even more ASTs (at some new, fun, locations!)
Details about our March Madness:
Big thank you to Patrick, Michael, Frankie, Louis, and some top-notch catalyzer volunteers for making this all happen. Want to get in on the action? Sign up to be a catalyzer here.
We kicked off the Atlanta Science Festival with an online #SpeakUpForScience event where we trained people about how the government works and how to effectively communicate with legislators
The Science of Ice Cream
We then shifted into cold gear with our Ice Cream Science event. A huge shout-out to all the folks who braved the super-cold weather to learn about ice cream.
Miss it? Watch this life-changing video (seriously, Michael and Daniel are very entertaining and informative, and to Frankie has created a superb video).
We then jumped out of the icebox and into the fire with our 4th Annual Jazz Hands: A Science Stand-Up event. Thank you to Zoo Atlanta for the venue. Thank you to the 6 brave, never-before-seen-comics, 2 veteran comics, and our MCs Amy and Lew. A good time was had by all.
Miss it? It’s not online – but we promise more comedy events this year.
We rounded out the month by attending the annual ASF Expo event in Piedmont Park. Huge thank you to the people who wrote postcards to their legislators. Over 40+ legislators received hand-written notes that were speaking up for science.
Thank you to everyone for making March Magnificent.