Science for Georgia is emerging back out into the world. We wanted to share our in-person guidelines.
We are a science organization, and we will act in accordance with the CDC guidance. As such, all in-person activities will operate under the following guidance (in addition to any guidelines mandated by the venue):
Vaccinated individuals (those that are 14-days post second shot):
- For outdoor events, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings. In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken their immune system may not be fully protected even if they are fully vaccinated. They should continue to take all precautions recommended for unvaccinated people, including wearing a well-fitted mask, until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider.
- If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- Outdoor events, it is recommended you practice social distancing and wear a mask if you cannot remain distant.
- Indoor events, it is recommended you stay home and attend online. If you attend, please practice social distancing and wear a mask.
We will not ask you your vaccination status, we are counting on you to be honest. As always, regardless of vaccine status, if you don’t feel well, it’s just polite to stay home.